Our Referral Portal Guidelines below (for rVetLink) offers you a more pictorial and detailed description of how to easily use our referral portal. Please contact us at 704-457-2300 or [email protected] if you have any questions.
Accessing the Portal
- Access the portal at the CARE website under For Veterinarians OR at carecharlotte.com/referral-portal/
- Login credentials are a per CLINIC basis, not individual
- Please share login information with your staff
- Bookmark the portal login page on your browser
- Email [email protected] if you need a password reset
- Home screen of the portal has medical history of patients you have referred to CARE
- Click Refer Patient tab above the Patient Chart to start a referral
- Referral Details
- Select Specialty Service for Referral from drop down list
- Enter general reason for referral
- Add any Additional Comments needed
- Referring Veterinarian
- Describes information of Referring Veterinarian
- If Profile and Settings tab is completely filled out, fields will auto-filled with your contact information
- Client Information
- Patient Information
- Click drop-down option under the Medical Records, Lab Results, and Diagnostic Images options to select your delivery method
- If you do not use electronic records, please select a non-electronic method of delivery, such as faxing, sending with client, etc.
- To add a file, click Add File document. Option to View or Delete file after it has been uploaded.
- Type in a description then click Select File to access your file
- Click file you wish to upload and click Open. The file should appear in the box directly below the Select File button.
- Click Upload if you are satisfied with the file you selected. Repeat process for as many files as you’d like.
- Review & Complete
- Review your information to confirm accuracy
- After reviewing, click Submit
- Search for the patient using the following methods:
- Patient First Name
- Client Last Name
- Last Updated (time frame)
- Click Show on far right-hand side to display patient chart
- Patient chart will provide the following medical documentation:
- Client / Patient Information
- Medical Notes
- Diagnostic Results/Laboratory
- Digital Imaging
- To access saved or previously submitted eReferrals, click Patient Referrals
- This is a “virtual filing cabinet” of all referrals made through the portal
- This will not display referrals made outside of the portal
- Referrals will automatically sort by relevance with most recent referrals at top
If you have any questions, please contact us at 704-457-2300 or [email protected].
If you prefer, you can download a printable PDF of the Referral Guidelines here.