Charlotte Animal Referral & Emergency cares deeply about your pet’s welfare and unique health care needs. Accordingly, our goal is to provide you with simple, convenient ways to refill your pet’s medications either by phone or by online request. Please note the following:
- Medication refills are not available for pets seen by our Emergency Department. To assure that pets seen for emergency visits have proper follow-up care we recommend you see your primary veterinarian for refills of medications.
- Please plan ahead to request refills at least a week before you run out of your pet’s medication.
- Every effort will be made to address prescription refills as quickly as possible, but refill requests may take up to 2 business days (Monday to Friday) to be ready for pick up. This applies to medications filled by CARE as well as to those called in to a pharmacy.
- If your pet has not been seen by one of our providers recently, an appointment may be required for the approval of any prescription refills. Patients who have not been in our office in over a year will require an appointment to receive any additional refills.
We appreciate your understanding of, and agreement with, this policy. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about this policy or any other questions about your pet and the medications prescribed to treat your pet’s condition.
- Please call 704-457-2300. Telephone requests for medication refills should be made between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Any urgent request outside of these hours (at night or on weekends or holidays) will be considered an “emergency refill.” A temporary supply of medication will be filled and must be picked up from CARE. A prescription will then be called in on the next business weekday.
- When calling in a refill request for your pet’s medication, please have the drug name, strength, quantity requested, dose currently being administered and, if we will be calling in the request to an outside pharmacy, that pharmacy’s name and phone number.
Online requests for medication refills can be made at any time.
For non-emergency refills, please complete the following information: