Board Certified in Cardiology by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Dr. Peggy Sayer has been providing cardiology services in Charlotte since 2006. First interested in marine mammals, her dedication to the health of your pet’s heart was kindled in veterinary school.
A native of New Mexico, Dr. Sayer came to the Tar Heel State for a cardiology residency at North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Raleigh. She’s received multiple awards for veterinary service and teaching, and she’s served as an investigator in several large, multicenter clinical trials. “I have a passion for helping people and taking care of their pets is a pretty great way to do that,” she says.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Maryland
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
- Cardiology Residency, North Carolina State University
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Cardiology)
RESEARCH & AWARDS:
- Multiple awards for service and teaching, North Carolina State University and Animal Medical Center, New York
- Researched the effect of the drug pimobendan on the renin angiotensin system.
Two cats, Oscar, a rescue who had a severe injury to his tail and was surrendered, and Khan, an exotic short hair (because my husband is partial to smoosh-faced cats).