Sara Brethel, DVM, Residency Trained in Cardiology
Dr. Sara Brethel grew up in a family with a love for animals in New York. Throughout her undergraduate studies, she was involved with wildlife rehabilitation and enjoys working with exotic patients. After graduating from veterinary medicine, she completed a small animal medicine and surgery internship, a cardiology specialty internship and her cardiology residency.
As a cardiologist, she loves working with pets and their owners to find the best plan to suit their needs and goals. She is dedicated to making the visit as much of a positive experience as possible and compassionately relates to situations to help put pet owners at ease with treatment plans.
In her spare time, Dr. Brethel enjoys hiking, kayaking, traveling, visiting breweries with friends and trying out new restaurants. She also loves to cook and bake.
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology, State University of New York at Oswego
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Rotating Internship, Veterinary Emergency and Referral Group, Brooklyn, NY
- Cardiology Specialty Internship, Veterinary Emergency and Referral Group, Brooklyn, NY
- Cardiology Resident, University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine
Husband Greg, who is also a veterinarian.
Cinder and Daredevil (DD) both domestic shorthairs and Maisy an energetic schnauzer mix