Laura Dvorak, DVM, MS
Board Certified by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons
Dr. Laura Dvorak grew up with a love of animals and the outdoors, and she was determined to be an endangered species biologist. That all changed when she spent a day at a small veterinary hospital during her high school’s Career Shadow Day. “I fell in love with it after a single day of exposure,” she says.
Dr. Dvorak, who moved to Charlotte in 2004, is trained in all areas of surgery, including orthopedic, soft tissue and neurological procedures. She has additional and advanced training in oncologic surgery, minimal invasive surgical techniques and reconstructive techniques.
“I have always had a passion for the arts and sciences,” she says. “Being a veterinary surgeon allows me to combine those passions while having a positive impact on the lives of clients and their pets.”
- Associate of Arts, University of North Florida
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida
- Small Animal Surgical Residency, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Master of Veterinary Science, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons
RESEARCH & AWARDS:
- Completed a small animal rotating internship at the University of Missouri-Columbia and a small animal surgical internship at Affiliated Veterinary Specialists in Jacksonville, Fla.
- Served as a clinical instructor at University of Missouri-Columbia before moving to Charlotte in 2004.
Two dogs, Gator, an Anatolian Shepherd who is trained as a licensed pet therapy dog, and Franklin, a pit bull rescue; one cat, Murphy; one bird, Poco, a Blue-Crowned Conure; a koi pond in the backyard and a fish tank in the house. “I know,” Dr. Dvorak says. “Too many…”