Jennifer Huang, DVM
Dr. Jennifer Huang brings a world of experience to the care of your pet. While pursuing a graduate education in Kansas, she learned and practiced basic acupuncture and massage therapy on small and large animals at China Agriculture University College of Veterinary Medicine in Beijing. Her veterinary travels also have taken her to Hamburg, Germany, where she worked in a cats-only veterinary practice, and to an externship at the Brevard Zoo in Melbourne, Fla.
In Charlotte, Dr. Huang provides expert veterinary emergency and trauma services for CARE. Regardless of which road she’s traveled, she says one thing remains consistent: “The path to my heart is paved with paw prints.”
- Bachelor of Science, North Carolina State University
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University
- Acupuncture certification, China Agriculture University College of Veterinary Medicine, Beijing
- Investigated effects of stress on the digestive system using porcine and murine models, N.C. State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Published in the Journal of Exotic Pet Medicine, including an article on “An African Spurred Thigh Tortoise With A Cloacal Organ Prolapse.”
Kiara, a Bengal.
Jupiter, a Great Dane mix.