Hannah Ritchie, DVM, MS
After detouring to complete a master’s degree in mathematics, Dr. Hannah Ritchie returned to her passion of caring for animals and completed her degree in veterinary medicine at North Carolina State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine. During her college years, she worked as a veterinary assistant and was enthralled with her experience in emergency medicine. She loves actively helping animals and people, while also being able to see she is making a difference.
As a veterinarian, she enjoys the fast-paced nature of emergency medicine. She is devoted to assisting animals and their human(s), particularly in a high stress situation that requires compassion, efficiency, and skill. Her goal is to ensure pet owners are comfortable with her during emergency situations, while at the same time providing information and education on treatment plans.
In Dr. Ritchie’s free time, she enjoys all forms of water activities, running, playing the piano, and of course, any activities with her pups.
- Bachelor of Science, Applied Mathematics, University of North Carolina – Wilmington
- Master of Science, Mathematics, University of North Carolina – Wilmington
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate, Applied Statistics, University of North Carolina – Wilmington
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University
- Worked on mathematical modeling of the environmental transmission of Clostridium Difficile in hospital settings
- Performed research on feline urinary obstruction and utilized the findings to develop an optimal standard of care for hospitalized feline patients
- Enjoys researching Critical Illness-Related Corticosteroid Insufficiency
Dolla, a Pitbull who has stood by Dr. Ritchie from high school graduation to her vet degree, Milo, a Boxer/Pitbull mix who loves paddleboarding, boating and swimming, and Raffe, a rescue mix that brings color into her animal kingdom