Elizabeth Thompson, DVM
Board Certified by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons
Dr. Elizabeth Thompson decided she wanted to be a veterinarian in 2nd grade after watching an episode of “Emergency Vets” on Animal Planet. She says, “I knew then that vet med would be the best way to impact the lives of both humans and animals alike due to the critical impact animals have on human quality of life.” Years later, Dr. Thompson graduated Suma Cum Laude as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from Kansas State University.
Originally from the San Francisco Bay area, Dr. Thompson moved to North Carolina in 2014 for her surgical residency at North Carolina State University. She is trained in all areas of surgery, including small animal soft tissue, orthopedic and neurologic. She has additional training in wound management techniques and minimal invasive surgical techniques.
- Bachelor of Science, Microbiology, University of California Santa Barbara
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University
- Intern, Small animal medicine and surgery rotating, Purdue University
- Residency, Small Animal Surgery, North Carolina State University
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons
RESEARCH & AWARDS:
Published in the Journal of the American Hospital Association, American Journal of Veterinary Research, and Veterinary Clinics of North America
Emmie Lou, an American Cocker Spaniel and Tank, a Kelpie