Eleanor Teplin, DVM
Eleanor Teplin grew up riding horses in the Washington, DC area and imagined a career as a horse vet. She received her bachelor’s degree in mathematics in 2004 from the University of Vermont, graduating with a specialty in physical sciences and membership in the Golden Key Honor Society. She then traveled across the country to Oregon where she started her family, worked as a veterinary assistant and earned her DVM from Oregon State University in 2012.
Dr. Teplin spent the next ten years working in vet clinics and as a mobile vet in Oregon, gaining extensive experience not only with cats and dogs, but also with horses, small ruminants and pot-bellied pigs. Her pre-CARE career included everything from a mobile veterinary practice to emergency care and surgery.
Dr. Teplin crossed the country yet again in the summer of 2022 and joined the CARE emergency team in November of 2022.
In her free time, Dr. Teplin enjoys jumping and dressage with her horse as well as spending time with her husband and pets.
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, University of Vermont
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon State University
- Likes working in the emergency setting because it keeps her learning in all aspects of medicine every day
- With two years’ experience in acupuncture, she has nearly completed her IVAS certification
- Enjoys abdominal ultrasound imaging and surgery
Husband, Andrew and two sons now grown and on their own
Dr. Teplin has three dogs and three cats.