CARE is open and continues to provide specialty and emergency services. In an effort to keep our staff healthy and available to treat your pet in times of illness or crisis we have the following policies:
Emergency Patients: If you are bringing your pet in for emergency evaluation:
1. If your pet is in critical condition
- Severe bleeding, trouble breathing, actively having a seizure
- Bring your pet to the front door
- We will ask you for your phone number and then have you wait in your car while your pet is assessed.
2. If your pet is stable
- Please call us at 704-457-2300
3. For all patients, the doctor will call you to discuss a plan. All consents and payment will be done over the phone.
Recheck Appointments: If you have an appointment at CARE please text us from the parking lot when you arrive. Our staff will come out to the parking lot and bring your pet in for its assessment. The doctor will then call you to discuss the findings and the plan. We will be able to do all consents and payments via text, email or phone.
New Specialty Appointments: If this is your first appointment with a specialist doctor at CARE, please text us from the parking lot when you arrive. Our staff will come out to your car and bring them inside for their appointment. Once the doctor has evaluated diagnostics they will call you to discuss the findings and the plan. We will do all consents and payments via text, email or phone.
If you have been ill recently, please re-schedule your appointment.
If you are not comfortable with these options, call us and we will work to answer your questions and accommodate you if possible.