In an effort to keep our staff healthy and available to treat your pet in times of illness or crisis we have the following policies:
If you are bringing your pet in for emergency evaluation:
1. If your pet is in critical condition
- Severe bleeding, trouble breathing, actively having a seizure
- Bring your pet into the lobby
- Your pet will immediately be triaged while we obtained your information
2. If your pet is stable
- Please pull into a numbered parking spot and call us at 704-457-2300 and press 1 to indicate you are in the parking lot
Specialty Patients with Appointments
Recheck Appointments: : If you have an appointment at CARE, please text us from the parking lot when you arrive. Our staff will direct you on the plan for your pet’s visit depending on their exam room availability at that time.
New Specialty Appointments: If this is your first appointment with a specialist doctor at CARE, please text us from the parking lot when you arrive. Our staff will direct you on the plan for your pet’s visit depending on their exam room availability at that time.
If you have been ill recently, please re-schedule your appointment.
If you are not comfortable with these options, call us and we will work to answer your questions and accommodate you if possible.
COVID Protocols and Mask Policy: To minimize our wait times and optimize our patient care, we are committed to keeping our staff healthy. Based on current COVID community trends, masks may be required when in our hospital. Please note the signage regarding masks when you arrive.