Passion for the well-being of animals is at the heart of every CARE employee, from the CSRs to the local owners. But being the Charlotte region’s leader in advanced veterinary care requires more of our staff. Our seven core values have helped shape our culture and define what we are looking for when hiring new members of the CARE team. Below is our list of core values, along with an explanation of how we define each of them.
- Excellence: When we think of excellence, we not only think of skill, but also drive, initiative and pride in one’s work. To truly excel in veterinary medicine, regardless of your role, you need to be detail-oriented and thorough when performing each and every task. We seek proactive people with a knack for problem-solving and a willingness to provide help wherever it is needed.
- Communication: Communication is key to teamwork, collaboration and a positive work environment. To fit in well with our team, you need to be able to openly and honestly communicate with colleagues and the recognition that we are all working together to provide the highest level of veterinary care possible.
- Compassion: In our field, we all have compassion for animals, but in order to be a productive member of the CARE team, you need to have compassion for your teammates as well. Specialty and emergency veterinary medicine is a high-stress line of work. We find that being able to extend kindness, patience and respect to patients, clients and colleagues is crucial for a successful career.
- Teamwork: Our mission of setting the standard in veterinary care extends much further than individual and practice success into our overall field. Teamwork, collaboration and partnership are paramount to our effectiveness and create a much better work environment. From the top down, each of us wants to help our teammates grow and succeed. What this means for CARE employees: listen and participate in group meetings, praise colleagues and pick up slack so that others may excel.
- Trustworthiness: We must all have the integrity to stand up for what is right even when no one is looking. We must hold ourselves accountable for working toward the CARE mission, honoring our commitments and owning up to mistakes (of course, we are all expected to be willing to learn from these mistakes).
- Lifelong Learning: We believe that there’s always room for improvement, that we can always be better and know more. We expect all employees to find ways to be better at their jobs, learn new skills and bring new ideas to the team. We recognize that our profession is constantly changing and we strive to always be at the forefront of innovation. As part of our benefits package, we offer a continuing education allowance. Further, each member of the team is willing to teach and help in ways that they can.
- Diversity: At CARE, we accept each person’s individuality and feel that his or her diverse experiences serve to enhance our work environment. Using empathy and good communication, we can learn about each other and make personal connections, creating a close-knit and supportive workplace. Discrimination will not be tolerated at any level. CARE is an equal opportunity employer.