Board Certified in Internal Medicine by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Dr. Kathleen Bonawandt is a board-certified internal medicine specialist – and a native New Yorker – whose love of animals led her to veterinary work. She offers CARE patients expertise in treating acute and chronic diseases, and she specializes in non-invasive endoscopic and ultrasound-guided procedures. She also is certified in veterinary western herbal medicine and welcomes an integrative approach for clients interested in natural remedies.
- Bachelor of Science, Cornell University
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University
- Intern, small animal medicine and surgery, Long Island Veterinary Specialists
- Residency, small animal internal medicine, Animal Specialty Center
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Has a particular interest in using Interventional Radiology to perform advanced, minimally invasive procedures.
Husband Paul, daughter Violet and son Lincoln
Ella, a three-legged Shih-Tzu